Train with 1992 Olympian Paul Fleschler MS, USAW, CSCS
Paul Fleschler is the owner and Head Coach of Front Range Weightlifting Club. Coach Paul has over 35 years of experience with weightlifting as an athlete and coach, and has taught 200+ coaching courses and clinics. He trains nationally ranked weightlifters, high school and collegiate athletes interested in improving strength and conditioning, youth, beginners, and anyone who is interested in learning more about the Olympic lifts. Drop-ins are welcome.
Paul began competing in the sport of Weightlifting in 1982, as part of his high school’s strength and conditioning program. Once the “weightlifting bug” bit Paul, he eventually stopped participating in high school varsity athletics and focused solely on the sport of Weightlifting.
As an athlete, Paul’s greatest honor was representing the United States at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics in Weightlifting. Paul also competed at five World Championships, two Jr World Championships, was a bronze medalist at the 1991 Pan-American Games and represented the United States in over two dozen minor international competitions. Paul’s final competition as an athlete was the 1996 National Championships where he unfortunately, suffered a career ending knee injury.
Paul is the former Men’s National Coach for USAW and the former Men’s and Women’s Resident Coach at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. He also served in a supportive role for USA Weightlifting at the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games and several other major and minor international competitions.
Before moving to Colorado in the summer of 2001, Paul served as the Head Strength Coordinator for Indiana University Basketball. In addition to working with Coach Bob Knight’s basketball team, Paul assisted with twenty other varsity sports at IU.
- USA Weightlifting Certification Clinics, all levels
- Weightlifting coaching, programming and training for individual athletes (local and long-distance)
- Sport performance strength and conditioning
- Introduction to the Olympic lifts
- Member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic Team in Weightlifting
- USA Weightlifting National Team Coach Men’s and Women’s Resident Coach, Olympic Training Center
- USA Weightlifting, Coaching Staff, 2004, 2008 Olympic Games
- Coached Casey Burgener to 1st alternate for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games
- Rocky Mountain State Games Commissioner, Weightlifting: 2002-2018
- Athletes Advisory Council representative for the United States Olympic Committee, 1996- 2000
- Resident athlete U.S. Olympic Training Center: January 1991- August 1992
Certifications & Education
- USA Weightlifting Senior International Coach (Level 5/5)
- USA Weightlifting International Category I Referee (Level 4/4)
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Registered Strength & Conditioning Coach (RSCC*Emeritus)
- MS, Kinesiology emphasis in Motor Control & Learning: Indiana University
- BA, Psychology: University of Illinois, Chicago